WELCOME TO THE OLD WORDSWORTHIANS' ASSOCIATION
Bishop Wordsworth's School
The school is located within the Close of Salisbury Cathedral, in Wiltshire. It was founded in 1889 by the then bishop of Salisbury, John Wordsworth, from whom the school takes its name.
Old Boys of the school are known as "Old Wordsworthians", and the Old Wordsworthians' Association was founded in 1913. It is a registered charity, and any former member pupil or member of staff is eligible for membership.
Our Mission Statement
As incorporated as the first ‘Objects’ of the Constitution: To be the principal centre of communication among the worldwide family of Old Wordsworthians by providing a secure, centralised system to enable members to be and remain in touch, and to foster good relations among them and with the School and its pupils. To sustain and strengthen the esprit de corps among the past and present members of the School.
Our Practical Work
We aim to do all that we can to support the school. This frequently means financial help to achieve or assist with a specific project. This might be new chapel chairs, sports kit or other urgently needed equipment. Please visit our projects page to find out much more about this work.
We also aim to provide funds targeted at helping pupils with specialist studies or tutelage to take an entrance exam.
Please Note: This is a newly launched web site which is currently being populated and developed. If there is any content which you note should be scrutinised, please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or details.